The programme aimed to help the trustees of FORWARD (international charity working to advance and protect the health and human rights of African girls and women in the UK and Africa) spearhead an organisational culture change and identify a new strategic direction to better meet the needs of its users and other stakeholders. To accomplished this we:
- Facilitated the development and implementation of a three-year strategic and business plan including communication and marketing, and fund development strategies.
- Recruited new non-executive and executive leadership.
- Renewed and reinforced organisation’s profile among external stakeholders and brokered new relationships such as with the Amnesty International Irish Section and the Women’s Commission Sexual Violence Strategy Group.
- Oversaw the re-branding and repositioning of organisation in the market place.
- Helped to launch a major research report at the House of Lords, hosted by Baroness Gould.
The result was:
- A new culture, a rejuvenated organisation and improved services to clients.
- Effective executive and non-executive leadership.
- New relationships with funders and new funding streams, which enabled the doubling of the workforce to cope better with the demands and needs of users.
Increased visibility of the organisation among existing and new stakeholders.
- Date: August 23, 2013
- Categories: Organisational Culture Change